15 November 2014
- The ability to create (“Shoot”) a user-generated composition of a photograph, a message and location datum (collectively known as a “Spot”)
- The ability to browse Shots created by other users in a number of ways
- The ability to post information to Facebook about your interactions with the Application
What information does Noster Mobile gather?
Noster Mobile may gather and use information about you, including (but not limited to) :
Profile Information about you received from Facebook
- Your name
- Your email address
- Facebook ID
- Facebook Profile Avatar
- Facebook friends list
Profile Information about you received if you choose email registration with Hopr
- Your name
- Your email address
Your mobile device information
- Device model
- OS type and version
- Screen size
Electronic ID Data such as IP address and cookies
- Content of all Shots created within the Application
- Message text
- Location information
Your interaction with the Application
- Logging in
- Browsing feeds
- Viewing Shots
- ‘Liking’ Shots
- ‘Posting’ Shots
- Location information (if enabled)
The Hopr application uses the Google Maps API and Google Analytics
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
Yes. We use the precise location of your device in two situations:
- To Tag Uploaded Shots
- When a Spot is uploaded to our servers, we optionally record the precise location of your device and associate that with your Spot. This location information is stored along with your other details on our servers.
- To Locate Nearby Shots
- A feature of the Application is to provide a feed of Shots that have been uploaded nearby. When you request this feed, your current location is sent to our servers to allow us to generate a personalised list of nearby Shots.
How the Information Collected Shared?
- All Shots created in the Application are publically visible. They may be viewed by any user of the Hopr website as well as all users of the application. This means that all photographs taken, all messages written and all locations embedded into Shots may be viewed by any person.
- Your interactions with Hopr may also be transmitted to Facebook. This information may include your Name, Location and Spot message. The sharing of this information in Facebook will be governed by your Facebook privacy preferences.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- If Noster Mobile is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information;
- To advertisers and third party advertising networks and analytics companies as described below under the Section entitled Automatic Data Collection and Advertising.
- Aggregated Data: From time to time, we may share non-personally identifiable data, such as anonymised usage statistics. We will never share any aggregated data in a manner that would enable the recipient to personally identify you.
Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
We may display advertising content coming from advertising networks and use tools or third party analytical software that automatically collect and aggregate certain non-personal data. Those data may include (but are not limited to) your IP address, your mobile device information (such as device model, carrier, OS version, unique device identified (UDID), etc.) and usage information. We don’t share your location information or any information that could directly identify you (name, email, profile, messages, etc.). The companies providing those services use their own privacy policies.
What are my opt-out rights?
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for an indefinite period afterwards. If you would like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorised employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com